Re: install of Debian 2.1r2 on AS 200

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 07:04:58PM -0500, Michael McD. wrote:

> milo>boot fd0:vmlinux.gz load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=1
>
> This doesn't work. I always get a kernel panic (unable to mount
> filesystem). What is the correct way to get things started?

Another classic case of not reading the README file :-).

Try

MILO>boot fd0:linux root=/dev/fd0 rw ramdisk_size=5120 load_ramdisk=1
prompt_ramdisk=1

Loic (and others), here's an idea: How about we compile up a custom MILO with
a more user-friendly interface? This isn't the first time I've seen the above
problem, you could argue that people should just read the README file but
maybe something could be done along the lines of help inside MILO?

Then we had the discussion earlier about using the init command, why not use
that on the boot disk? Generally you don't need to do anything different from
the above and _IF_ you do, then you bloody well should have read the README.

Martin