Re: xscreensaver cannot lock: no screensaver running on display

Hi,

That's the problem...

xscreensaver &  --> this works and xscreensaver is then running.It's
being run as my user, i.e. not root.
xscreensaver-command -lock --> this does not work. I always receive
the error below...

host1:myuser:~> xscreensaver &
[1] 32231
host1:myuser:~> ps -ef | grep xscreen
myuser  32231 32228  0 09:06 pts/0    00:00:00 xscreensaver
myuser  32234 32228  0 09:07 pts/0    00:00:00 grep xscreen

host1:myuser:~> xscreensaver-command -lock
xscreensaver-command: no screensaver is running on display :0.0

The xscreensaver is running but I cannot lock the screen.  I'm on
display :0.0 as well. If I start xscreensaver with the command..

host1:myuser:~> xscreensaver -display :0.0 &

it makes no difference. I still receive the error.