Re: HP mv2120 support in Orion tree

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 12:18:43PM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Marc Singer <elf@buici.com> [2008-06-10 12:00]:
> > > My answers are inline below (but maybe we should move this discussion
> > > to debian-arm for all to see?):
> > Good plan.
>
> Just to provide some background: we're discussing some things that are
> needed to add Debian support to HP's mv2120 NAS device.
>
>  - figure out how the rescue mode works and how to construct a rescue
>    image that the device can boot: it seems Eugene San has figured out
>    most or all of this already.
>
>  - write a server for Linux that can serve these rescue images: I
>    think Marc Singer was looking into this (?).

I've figured out these last two; I have a program that serves the
images.  One hitch I'm encountering is that I'm unable to enter the
rescue mode by holding the rest button...any more.  It used to work.
I'm going to do a little hardware debugging to see if there is
something wrong with the button.  If I'm not the only person with this
problem, we have have to figure out an alternative.