Re: New LAM package

Hi Marcelo!

"Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@efis.ucr.ac.cr> writes:

> On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 07:21:19PM -0400, Camm Maguire wrote:
>
> > Please also take a look at the package division/control stuff.  I
> > really haven't tbhough this through completely yet, but just attempted
> > something quick to fit Debian policy.  I'm sure we'll get rid of
> > mpi-runtime and mpi-dev virtual packages.
>
> Yipee!!! I was working on updating your 6.1 package to 6.2; I was about to
> write you about it, in particular about the shared libraries thing.  lam is
> nightmarish to package...

Agreed!  There's got to be an easier way...

> Camm, what are the names of the packages? I'd like to pull them out of
> incoming, if the current Incoming lag persists, the new packages are going
> to stay there for a while.  Hmmm, now that I think about it... the .diff.gz
> and .dsc files should be enough... you did upload them to master, didn't
> you?

They're in Incoming/lam1_6.2b-pl3...deb, lam1-dev_6.2b-pl3...deb, and
lam1-runtime_6.2b-pl3...deb.  All source/diff/dsc is there too.

> (BTW, IMO, you should upload a new 6.1 to slink-proposed-updates, the
> current ones are unusable because of that hardcoded path bug)

Ah, sorry!  I didn't notice.  Does one simply put
slink-proposed-updates in the distribution field of the control file?

> I guess I can go back to fighting with mosix...
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	Marcelo

BTW, 1) How are you thinking of doing MOSIX?  2) Is anyone interested
in BSPlib?

Take care!