Re: dbootstrap fails to tell me about virtual consoles

Eric Hanchrow wrote:
> When dbootstrap asks me which kind of installation I want

That's not dbootstrap, that's base-config. Getting the terminaology
right makes it more likely I'll notice this type of message.

> -- simple or
> advanced -- I choose simple, and then I don't choose *any* of the
> tasks that it presents to me.  Instead, I go straight to "quit".  It
> installs the appropriate minimum software, but when it's done it drops
> me straight into the logon prompt, and doesn't tell me how to use the
> virtual consoles, nor to "have fun" -- that is, I don't see any of the
> contents of
> /usr/src/boot-floppies/scripts/basedisks/po/rootprofile.pot.  However,
> if, instead of going straight to "quit", I had chosen at least one
> task, I would have seen those messages.

Do you have a /root/dbootstrap_settings file? If so, base-config crashed
before it could finish. If not, something very weird is going on, since
the logic it uses to display those final messages isn't dependant on
what you choose to install.

Hm, do you have procps installed?

BTW, there is no reaoson to innclude rootprofile.pot in the base system.
Base-config doesn't use it. Someone really needs to send me some
translation patches; base-config is wholly untranslated right now..

--
see shy jo