Re: bootfloppies 2.2.11 report

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 04:41:01PM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> [Various things fixed.]

I've updated my build, based on CVS from about three hours ago.

> >   user.debug dbootstrap[30]: umount: Device or resource busy
> >   user.info dbootstrap[30]: depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.14/pcmcia/3c575_cb.o
> >   [... plenty of these, apparently covered by bug#62100 and/or bug#61544]
>
> <sigh>  the boot floppies set you were using was probably not built
> correctly. the kernel/pcmcia dependencies are rather intricate and fragile.

Quite possibly.  Can you be more specific?  I always refresh from
http.us.debian.org just before building.  I don't use any pcmcia devices
here, so I'd be oblivious to faults with them.

> Since this wasn't an official build, it's probably best to wait for the
> official one to come out. I expect that we will build and release 2.2.11
> within a couple of days.

I'll probably not be updating my builds very often now, as my pool
of guinea pigs is drying up.  How should I name my unofficial builds?
Something like 2.2.11-cvs-20000411?

Regards,

Mark.