Re: bootfloppies 2.2.11 report

On Mon Apr 10, 2000 at 04:41:01PM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:

> >  *The interesting thing about these depmod errors was that only every
> >   other line was reported! (as compared to what was displayed during the
> >   reboot).  This makes one wonder if perhaps the busybox syslog function
> >   only logs every other line!
> >   [boot-floppies, at least the syslog stuff]
>
> rather improbable i'd think. Erik, what do you think?

BusyBox syslogd very recently had some major surgery to handle multiple
concurrent connections (thanks to bcollins and karlheg) to avoid some nasty
priority inversion problems (low priority process logs something but holds the
syslog open, init tries to log something and blocks... ouch).

Anyway, it is possable that there are some new/strange bugs lurking.  I'll try
to squeeze in some time to look at it today,

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org