Re: Modconf is still busted

Hi,
On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 01:43:09AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Should be fixed in modconf 0.2.26.12, from Incoming.  Lets test that.
Still does not work, at least on m68k. Loading modules fails.
Maybe it is not modconfs fault at all?

When I "Configure Device Driver modules" I get (on console 3)
user.info dbootstrap[27]: touch: Is a directory

This might come from dbootstrap/baseconfig.c:
int configure_drivers (void) {
  struct stat statbuf;
  int moved_away_old = 0;
  char buf[PATH_MAX], *p;

  if (! NAME_ISEXE("/usr/bin/whiptail", &statbuf))
      symlink("/target/usr/bin/whiptail", "/usr/bin/whiptail");

  /* make sure /lib/modules exists on some level so realpath() can work */
  if (! NAME_ISLNK("/lib/modules", &statbuf) )
      execlog("touch /lib/modules", LOG_INFO);

and /lib/modules _is_ a directory containing an empty directory 2.2.10 (m68k
still uses the 2.2.10 kernel).
When I rename /lib/modules and make a symlink from /target/lib/modules to
/lib/modules (as I think is supposed to happen here) I can load modules.
This is not the same problem as I had before, then /target/etc/modules.conf
was missing. Now that is an empty file, wouldnt it be better if the one
from /etc were copied over instead of creating an empty one? Or will that
happen later with update-modules?

Anyhow, there still is a problem with the modules, but not necessarily with
modconf.

Christian