Re: Linux-to-Linux install wanted?

Scott Bronson <bronson@trestle.com> writes:

> A few days ago I described how, while running (almost) any Linux
> distribution, Potato can be installed on another partition.
> I found that a Linux-to-Linux install is very difficult now, but
> with some work I think I can get it working well.

That's because you installed it in a very very bizarre fashion.  I
don't understand why running dbootstrap in the existing OS, in single
user mode, is all that interesting or critical for the Potato release.

Especially when you can just install the materials on your hard drive,
boot up with the rescue/root disk, and go from there.