Re: boot-floppies on amiga/apus. friday cvs version.

Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 12:34:35PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Then put loop.o on the root disk, just as we do on i386 for the module
> > enabling syslog.

> Where do i do that, ...

No, I change my mind.  It is required that the kernel you are booting
with has loop support.  Its a documented requirement.

If you did wanna try it for some reason (like, you like smoking crack
or soemthing of that nature), then it would go, obviously enough,
rootdisk.sh, see line 701.

Sven, either you are incapable or else too lazy to look at the code
yourself.  Either way, you are trying my patience.

> Well, yes i had loops included in the kernel at first, to solve this selfsame
> problem, but boot floppies wanted to insert a loop.o module,

No it doesn't.  You *are* indeed on crack or some other mind altering
drug.  Cite the file and line number where it does this.

My patience is at an end dealing with you.  Maybe others will help
you, but I won't, until you have something intelligent to say.

> The i386 centricness is the dependance on floppies, i guess no other arch is
> truly using floppies, or are they ?

Of course they are.  That was a really idiotic thing to say.