DD application (Re: Next attempt to add Blends to Debian installer)

Hi,

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote (Fri, 10 May 2024 09:00:39 +0200):
> Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> (2024-05-10):
> > Now blendsel being moved to installer-team, would you mind giving me
> > dm permissions, so I can upload? Thanks
>
> I seem to recall that only works for existing packages?

Ah ok, yes that makes sense.
Then anyone else will have to do the upload :-(

> May I suggest to think about turning your DD account into a
> non-non-uploading one? :)

I know you repeatedly suggested this.
Especially every time I ask for more packages to get dm permissions for :-))

My problem with this:
am I really capable of being a DD? You might remember that I am not a
programmer, I have no real skills in this direction.
I can do some scripting, gained by self-learning, but that does not make
a programmer of me IMO ;-)
So I am unsure if I can successfully go the apply-for-DD path...
I fear I lack some basic knowledge for this.
Don't want to waste my and the application manager's time and effort for
something, that does not lead to anything at the end.

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076