Re: Is there a "Pseudo Mirror Kit"?

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Goedson Teixeira Paixao wrote:

> 	Why don't you use this?
>
> 	apt-get --print-uris install <the-package-you-want>
>
> 	It will print the URI from where apt-get would download the file.

That's a nice option whenever you're about to install a new package. However
the problem was to (re)fetch all packages that were already installed, wasn't
it?

In that case, try:

ALLINSTALLED=`dpkg --get-selections | grep '      install$' \
 | cut -d '     ' -f 1`
                                      1 tab  ^^^^^
     1 tab ^^^^^

(on commandline, enter tabs with Ctrl-V Tab)

followed by

apt-get install --reinstall --print-uris $ALLINSTALLED

Stop the presses! I just remembered about the apt-move package. It appears to
do even more than I ever knew before -- you should definately check that first
before possibly re-inventing the wheel.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer