Re: Sarge - DVD #02.iso

wpk wrote on 04/07/2005 12:01:
> Welcome
> Sorry for my english
> Where I can find correct mirror DVD part 2?
> (<http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r0a/i386/iso-dvd/debian-31r0a-i386
> -binary-2.iso>)
> This file should be size 4GB, but wen I try download it a have 127mb. I try
> use: wget (on linux), Download Accelerator (on Windows), when i try use
> GetRight file had 4gb but every time when file is alost done GetRight can
> not connect parts (This same problem was on diffrent accelerator).

Like others already said, the tools you are using don't support large
files (i.e. files > 2G or >4G, depending on platform an tool) correctly.

I'm not sure about windows tools (though I think that Mozilla/Firefox
and Internet Explorer work), but on a Debian system, lftpget (from the
lftp package) can cope nicely with these files.

Please note that you also need a filesystem which supports such large
files. ext2 (Linux) or NTFS (Windows) will do though FAT/vfat won't.

cu,
sven