Re: Next team meeting: Aug 10 @20:00UTC

Hi everyone,

Here are my notes from this week's meeting.

debian.cloud
------------

The registration process for debian.cloud is complete.  We're starting to plan
nameservers.  Our goal is to provide Debian-controlled hostnames for archive
mirrors hosted in the various cloud providers.  Stay tuned for more details.

AWS root account recovery and security
--------------------------------------

We discussed some administrative issues surrounding recovery workflows for AWS
root accounts, and how we might be able to require MFA for all of their access.
This is somewhat complicated due to the recovery process requiring access to a
registered phone number and email.

Azure arm64 instances

Work has begun to support the upcoming launch of arm64 VMs on Azure.  Bastian
thinks that support will be ready in time for the public launch.

AWS marketplace data encryption documentation

We discussed a new requirement from AWS to provide details on data encryption
in our marketplace images.  Noah has asked for some examples of what they're
looking for, as the request isn't terribly clear.

Thanks,
Ross