Re: Next team meeting 2024-03-13 20:00 UTC

On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 09:23:35PM -0700, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> Noah raised an issue related to a bug in systemd-resolved, and we agreed that
> it should be disabled for now.  Upstream bug report:
>   https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/29069
>
> This causes some percentage of DNS resolutions to fail.  The conditions for a
> failure are unclear (maybe ipv6, maybe wildcards).  Noah was able to confirm
> the bug report's claim that disabling systemd-resolved fixes it.

To clarify a bit, disabling systemd-resolved is not needed, and we would
still want to use it for management of the resolver configuration.  But
we want to take it out of the critical path for actual name resolution.
So the proposed change here would be to disable the resolve NSS module
in /etc/nsswitch.conf.

noah