Re: please vote...

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Ian Jackson wrote:

> Excuse me, but I'm still a bit reeling from having found all this mail
> here in an inconvenient place.

Is there a better address to subscribe you with?

> Raul Miller writes ("please vote..."):
> > I agree with Manoj's "forest of symlinks" proposal -- I'm voting for it.
>
> I haven't read the background material yet.  Can we delay voting ?
> How much of a hurry are we in ?

As far as I know there are no plans to vote on this issue until we resolve
the Chairperson. Also Joey Hess has indicated that he may have an
alternate proposal for us to look at (which would be a good thing, since
we are currently looking at only one proposal) and we should probably wait
on that as well.

> I'll have some time this weekend to deal with this.  I was going to do
> this and some other Debian things last weekend but all my computers
> broke down simultaneously.

Sounds like I'm not the only one working under difficult conditions. Hope
things get better.

> I can be on IRC later today (from perhaps 2100GMT or 2200GMT) if this
> would help.
>
> > (2) We still don't have a chairman.  I don't see anything in the
> > constititution which requires us to have a chairman before we can
> > vote, but this is an outstanding vote.  Here's the current
> > committee lineup:
> >
> > Manoj Srivastava:
> > 	votes for Dale Scheetz as chairman
> >
> > Dale Scheetz:
> > 	votes for myself (Raul Miller) as chairman
> >
> > Guy Maor:
> > 	has not yet voted for a chairman
> >
> > Ian Jackson:
> > 	has not yet voted for a chairman
> >
> > Klee Dienes:
> > 	has not yet voted for a chairman
> >
> > Raul Miller:
> > 	I'm voting for both myself and Dale Scheetz as chairman
>
> Raul, you don't seem to have expressed a preference ?  I think Raul
> has shown that he has a lot of time available for this kind of thing,
> as has Dale.
>
> I vote:
>  1. Raul
>  2. Dale
>
> We need at least 4 votes to make the outcome not in doubt.  If it
> takes too long and we have tried various things to contact people I
> suppose we'll have to replace them (which would take a little while).

So, we are waiting on either Klee or Guy to vote?

Waiting is,

Dwarf