Alternative to the symlink proposal.

I'm not sure why Joey Hess felt unwilling to deliver this directly
(possibly because my request was done in private mail), but he has
delivered this alternate proposal for the move to /usr/share. (see
forwarded message below)

It is a bit more inclusive than the symlink proposal, which only deals
with the /usr/doc to /usr/share/doc transition, and includes the complete
transition of /usr to /usr/share (those components that will move, at
least).

With this proposal, we now have an alternative proposal, and can choose
between the two, rather than just deciding whether or not to accept the
symlink proposal.

While there are things to like in Joey's proposal, I'm not sure that it
addresses the "least suprise" conditions that Manoj's proposal tries to
resolve. We may still be looking at apples and oranges.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Waiting is,

Dwarf