Re: KDE not in Debian?

J.A. Bezemer wrote:

> [Please Cc: to me when replying, I'm not on the debian-devel list.]
>
> On the KDE website (kde.org) I saw that KDE was GPL'd. Debian packages are
> available. But why is KDE not in the official Debian distribution?

The problem exists because KDE *IS* GPL'ed and Qt is not.  Both licences
are not compatible thus we believe they cannot be legally distributed
at all.  The KDE people are changing licences as we have proposed, but
this takes time.

> (If this has been discussed already, a pointer to it will suffice ;-)

Here it goes: http://www.debian.org/News/1998/19981008

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto