Re: To the bind maintainer

In article <[🔎] 20000123214051.A16536@molehole> you wrote:

> The exception is the person who needs/wants local caching because of
> being on a slow link; they'd probably be better served by a dedicated
> dns cacher, but until we have one packaged up, having bind ask "do
> you want a caching only server?" and doing the right thing might be
> worthwhile.

Even better, the current BIND package, without any annoying postinst questions,
delivers a working "leaf" nameserver configuration, which is what most people
really mean when they say "caching only"... and which is a completely
reasonable starting point for arbitrarily complex custom configurations.

Bdale