Re: KDE: a plan how to solve that

On 30-Jan-2000 Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 06:22:25PM +0100, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
>> However, that was making the second step before the first. Also note
>> that I personally can't follow Debians argumentation why there is even
>> a problem.
>
> it's really simple:
>
> debian can't distribute KDE because the license doesn't permit us to do
> so.

Is there an explanation of this problem at www.debian.org or
at some other place?

Yes I know there have been many threads, but what I am looking
for is a short and simple explanation of the problems.

I'd like to see this for two reasons: I might point people to
it who don't understand why KDE isn't in Debian and I would
read it by myself sometimes.  ;)

   bye
     Florian

--