Re: Mail loss!

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Richard A Nelson wrote:

> Since it is the connection that is refused, there isn't a bounce message
> generated... your buddies will probably never know their mail didn't arrive.

Actually in this case, the "upstream mailer" would generate a bounce
message. Michael's sendmail CAN'T have nuked the mail because presumedly
it never even got them - the mail connection would have been refused,
leaving sendmail with nothing to nuke. ;)

Correct me if I am wrong; I've erred before.

;)