Re: KDE: a plan how to solve that

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 06:11:46PM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 03:07:09AM +0100, Fabrice Gautier wrote:
> > > Currently there are no kde packages with these names, as far as I know.
> > > (Then again, there are no kde debian packages...)  I looked at a
> > > reasonably current kdebase deb package on someone's web site, earlier
> > > this week, and it did include kvt.  I suppose I should try to find the
> > > url of that web site and see if I can find out where the others are,
> > > and if they have new names.
> >
> > I think you could look at http://kde.tdyc.com/Debian, this is not far
> > from an official KDE site...  (and at least in the FAQ you could add
> > this URL as a good source for kde debian packages.. euh... debian kde
> > packages ... or whatever...)
>
> If this page in any way makes it sound as if these packages are official
> from Debian, we need to have words with the site maintainer....

It sound more Kde related than Debian related. The home page is
kde.tdyc.com, their name is KLPP (KDE Linux Packaging Project), they
offer packages for Redhat, Mandrake, Suse as well as for Debian. On
their debian page, the Big logo is a Kde logo, not a debian logo. It
is explained on this page that bug related to those packages are not
to be send to the Debian BTS.

However it is true there is an "Official" (i think) Debian Logo at the
bottom of their home page (http://kde.tdyc.com/) an di think they
should use the non-official logo (without the bottle). And May be they
should state more clearly that they 're not an Official Debian site
and explain why they aren't. (may be they should include the FAQ)

A+

--
Fabrice Gautier <gautier@email.enst.fr>
----