Re: [POSSIBLE GRAVE SECURITY HOLD]

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 12:04:16PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> The purpose of this MBR is the same as that of any MBR.

Funny, you edited out my question about why _THIS_ MBR allows you
to choose to boot from a floppy. Does the logical answer disturb
you, perhaps?

If I read the above correctly, you agree with me, then, that _THIS_
MBR should be replaced with a regular, less-featured MBR.

Thank you, my point is made.

> > Not a help button. A PROMINENT warning, and preferably another
> > choice by default.
>
> Which would mean that anybody without an MBR already on their system
> would not get a bootable machine.  Bad idea.

Either you can't read or you're trying to make me look like an idiot.

No: that means Lilo's MBR would be installed instead by default.
_That_ is the reasonnable choice. You implicitly admitted this
at the top.
--
Pierre Beyssac		pb@enst.fr