re: Potato: apt-get and deselect out of sync

>I have been installing packages via gnome-apt,
>apt-get install, and dselect.  I have also been using

>apt-get update l apt-get upgrade to pick up changes
>being made to potato while it is progressing through
>frozen.

>The last time I ran dselect I selected update, select
>and then install.  Deselect came up with about 50
some
>odd packages to be removed!  I said NO and then tried
>apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade and it reported
>nothing to do.  I went back to dselect and just
>selected select (changed nothing) and install, again
>50 someodd packages would be removed!  Deselect is
>using the apt method with the same sources.list as
>apt-get.

>Some of the packages that deselect wants to remove
>are:
>penguineyes-0.9-2,giram-gnome 0.1.4-1,
>perl-5.005-ba,at,cron,logrotate,exim,mailx,libopenlap1>,labopenldap-,dpkg-ftp,libnet-perl,gconv,modules,mutt,>procmail,tetex-base,tetex-bin,libc6-bin,lynx,gnome-apt>,linuxconf,gnome-cards-games,gnome-games-local,gnome-g>nometris,libcapplet0,libesd0libgnome32,libgnomesupp,li>bgnomesupport0,libgnomeui32,libgnorba27,libgnorbagtk0,>libgtkxhtml1,libzvt2,gmc,gnome-utils,enlightenment,
>.... more

>What is going on, and how can I fix this?

PS this also happens if I do apt-get install libc6, so
there is something funny about this package.  Funny
since the version I have installed seems to be the
same as the current version....

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze