Re: [POSSIBLE GRAVE SECURITY HOLD]

Le 2000-02-02, Michael Stone écrivait :

> By "unitiated" I mean "not schooled in debian's private method". I don't
> recall that the mbr program is used universally by linux distributions,

Exactly. I can even say that I had never heard of any MBR in use
on PCs that would take care of booting a floppy drive. This is
simply not the way things are done in the PC universe, except
in Debian. Such fundamental deviation from industry's common
practice MUST be documented, if not deprecated in favor of
compliance to accepted standards.

Thomas.

--
    Thomas.Quinot@Cuivre.FR.EU.ORG