Re: ITP doxygen

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 10:56:41PM -0600, David Starner wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 04:17:49PM -0800, Luca Filipozzi wrote:
> > I intend to package doxygen.
> >
> > I am not a Debian maintainer... therefore, this package will be sponsored
> > by remi <remi@debian.org>.
>
> Problem: Doxygen is under the GNU GPL. Despite being a GUI-less program,
> he uses QT. You're going to need to get that exception on the license.
> Either that, or convert it to use libstdc++ and a free Regex package
> (which should fulfill the needs - while the QT classes were good
> before a standard C++ library, they really should be deprecated
> now.)

You mean getting the upstream author of doxygen to modify his license so that
it reads something like this?

This program is distributed under the GNU GPL v2, with the additional
permission that it may be linked against Troll Tech's Qt library, and
distributed, without the GPL applying to Qt.

I am hopeful that this will not be difficult.

Luca

Excerpt rom the doxygen web page http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/

doxygen is a documentation system for C, C++ and IDL. It can generate an
on-line class browser (in HTML) and/or an off-line reference manual (in
LaTeX ) from a set of documented source files. There is also support for
generating man pages and for converting the generated output into
Postscript, hyperlinked PDF or compressed HTML. The documentation is
extracted directly from the sources. Doxygen is developed on Linux, but
it runs on most other UNIX flavors as well. An executable for Windows
9x/NT is also available.