Re: ITP doxygen

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 10:56:41PM -0600, David Starner wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 04:17:49PM -0800, Luca Filipozzi wrote:
> > I intend to package doxygen.
> >
> > I am not a Debian maintainer... therefore, this package will be sponsored
> > by remi <remi@debian.org>.
>
> Problem: Doxygen is under the GNU GPL. Despite being a GUI-less program,
> he uses QT. You're going to need to get that exception on the license.
> Either that, or convert it to use libstdc++ and a free Regex package
> (which should fulfill the needs - while the QT classes were good
> before a standard C++ library, they really should be deprecated
> now.)

I have been able to secure the upstream author's agreement to modify his
licensing terms to permit linking against QT without the GPL applying to
QT. He was unaware of the GPL/QPL issue and appreciated having it pointed
out to him. He is more than happy to modify his licensing terms and he
considers himself to currently be sole author of the software.

Therefore, I will continue with my packaging endeavor of doxygen.

Luca Filipozzi
<lfilipoz at emyr.net>