Re: xqf removed from potato because of 1 bug...

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 09:00:39AM +0100, Peter Makholm wrote:
> Like you didn't knew we were freezing?
>
> Like you didn't knew that freezing meant that we want to remove bugs
> from the distribution?
>
> Everybody just remotely attached to the project knew that we were
> going to freeze. And nobody has kept it as a secret that packages we
> can live without will be removed to speed up the releases.

The decisions about which packages "we can live without" are not
immediately obvious. There are a large number of pacages on the RCB list
that haven't been fixed for months and which I wouldn't loose sleep
over. Other packages are targeted immediately after they get a bug
report. If there were a harder line, and more packages were targeted, I
think it would be more fair. As it stands, the process seems very
arbitrary.

--
Mike Stone