Re: reportbug offline? an a cocoon bug.

On Feb 04, zhaoway wrote:
> Enter a package: cocoon
> Querying Debian bug tracking system for reports on cocoon
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 911, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 550, in main
>     http_proxy)
>   File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 195, in handle_bts_query
>     http_proxy=http_proxy)
>   File "/usr/lib/site-python/debianbts.py", line 173, in get_reports
>     except (ldap.LDAPError, SystemError):
> AttributeError: LDAPError

Heh; you just found a bug in reportbug, I think ;-)

> How could I submit a bug offline? I know it is needed for me to read the
> previously submitted bugs, then how could I read them when offline?
> Online time takes me money. I have nearly 1/3 of my monthly salary go
> online. :< I'm not a big surffer. It's expensive.

You can use the -b option to reportbug; or, better, edit
/etc/reportbug.conf and disable 'bts-query' (change the line to read
'no-bts-query').  Or add a ~/.reportbugrc that says 'no-bts-query'.

Chris
|         Chris Lawrence          |       Get Debian GNU/Linux CDROMs       |
|    <quango@watervalley.net>     |      http://www.lordsutch.com/cds/      |
|        Debian Developer         |      Visit the Amiga Web Directory      |
|     http://www.debian.org/      |     http://www.cucug.org/amiga.html     |