groups

Hello,

I think there is no real tool for adding and removing users from a group
yet, is there? I think usermod isn't that comfortable.

I think it would be nice to have a command, let's call it group or whatever
which could be used to add and remove users from specific groups in
/etc/group:

group dialout add roland
 # adds user roland to group dialout

group dialout del roland
 # removes user roland from group dialout

What do you think? It should be no big think to write.

I am currently writing for a deluser to make a pair with adduser. Is there
interest that something like is is included in adduser, e.g.? I asked the
maintainer of adduser about this, but he didn't answer... :-(

Greetings, Roland

--
Roland Bauerschmidt -- Freiberger Str. 17, 28215 Bremen, Germany
phone: +49 421 3762382, e-mail: roland@copyleft.de, http://roland.inbremen.net

Debian GNU / Linux -- the choice of a GNU generation