Re: Debdiff project announcement.

On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 12:50:07AM -0500, Tom Rothamel wrote:
> This is just a message to announce that I am undertaking a project I
> call debdiff. It's goal is to create two tools, debdiff and debpatch,
> that can generate a file of differences between .debs and then use
> those differences and the original .deb to reconstruct the new .deb.
>
> (I also have some ideas on how to reconstruct the deb from the
> unpacked version of the original, but I want to get the deb+diff->deb
> mode working first.)

You've looked at dpkg-repack? (apt-get install dpkg-repack, etc)

Also, there was some code for some of this posted to the list a while ago.

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds