Re: How to achieve a minimum upgrade to potato ?

*Thierry Laronde wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have tried to help a bit by making some cleaning in the BTS.
> But my help is limited because I'm on slink ; and because I have only a
> modem connection and pay for the time a "total" upgrade would be a PITA.
>
> I'd like to put one of my PCs in potato but I'm wondering if there is a
> way to make a "minimum" upgrade, avoiding apt-get trying to upgrade everything.
>
> Is there a way to achieve this via the actual tools, or am I obligated to
> make the selection by hand ?

    The problem is defining "minimum" and knowing why you want to
upgrade.    You can try  "apt-get install pkg"  with a few
 packages that you would like upgraded.  Seeing that this usually pulls
in upgraded libc and so forth satisfies my itch to have new libraries
for no particular reason.

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>,  lapeyre@debian.org