Re: IP masquerading - connections persist too long

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 06:33:30PM +0000, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> Part of the trouble may be that I am using diald.  The ISP offers
> a pseudo-modem attachment, so I am using /dev/ttyI0 as if it were
> a normal modem, rather than using ippp.

I *think* (not sure) that at least in slink version diald was set
to keep the line up for 10 minutes after an http request finished
to avoid the line bouncing when web surfing.  Could this be the
cause of what you're seeing?

--
James Deikun, Techie(tm), CSI Multimedia
The opinions expressed &c.