Re: ITP: xzgv

On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 04:24:39PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 08:14:34AM -0600, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> > I intend to package xzgv, which is (basically) the X11 version of zgv
> > based on Gtk and Imlib.  The main "win" over EEyes is that it supports
> > the thumbnail format of xv, zgv and the Gimp; the main win over xv is
> > that it's free software; the main win over zgv is that it runs in X;
> > and the main win over the Gimp is that it doesn't swap as much ;-)
>
> So, uh, what advantage does it have over ImageMagick?

<flamesuit> A decent interface </flamesuit>

Honestly, I found the interface of ImageMagick to be too clumsy
to just view pictures. Until I grabbed xzgv out of Incoming,
xv was the least clumsy graphic viewer interface. The authors
of xzgv have produced an X viewer that I can be happy with.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with