Re: lists problem - bogus root@ response.

    MS> Thus there are exactly two possibilities;

    MS>   a) You're working as root which you shouldn't, or

    MS>   b) that f*cking Qmail has inserted "Sender: root@murphy"
    MS> header again.  In that case, wait a couple of cycles and
    MS> resend.

  Um. I don't think so. For a number of months, I have been unable to
send mail to the debian lists. We're talking at least a dozen
occasions. Yesterday, for whatever reason, I tried using a less
complicated from address, and it worked.

  This mail is using a simple from address, and I've also fired off a
separate reply using my normal style of from address. Let's see what
happens.

m.

PS: It occurs to me that the problems may well have started happening
after I changed from using a 'user-cookie@host (My Name)' style to
'"My Name" <user-cookie@host>' to work around the fact that my
employer du jour uses exchange and bitches most heartily at the way
that it misparses the former format. It never rains...