Re: Danger Will Robinson! Danger!

On Sun, Mar 12, 2000 at 06:27:41PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> Nothing wrong about that, if we don't go a long way to make additional
> changes in the various admin packages (isdn, pcmcia comes to mind).
>
> I was always a supporter of the latest and greatest kernel as a binary
> package in extra.

   If we look at why the latest kernel should go in, it's most likely for
the new hardware support, not the other new features.  New hardware support
seems to be a reasonable justification for allowing new versions into
stable/frozen if there is also an older version there for the rest of us to
fall back on in case it's a lemon.