Re: Danger, Branden Robinson! Danger!

Branden Robinson wrote:
> There are exactly ONE HUNDRED server modules built by the stock 4.0 source
> tree.
>
> No, I don't know yet what exactly I'm going to do about that.

I hope you weren't even considering one package per module? I understand
(from IRC) that the 100 modules weigh in at 12 mb. The typical xserver-*
package of today is what, 2 to 3 mb? Then it'd seem reasonable to group the
modules in 6 chunks of 2 mb or so that have some kind of logical grouping.
What kind, I dunno.. perhaps one that matches the xserver-* packages of
today, so if you have xserver-svga installed, you can install X 4.0
xserver-svga and get 10 or 15 modules that drive the same set of cards.

This is just hot air, mind. :-)

--
see shy jo