Re: 14 days till bug horizon

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 04:13:40PM +0100, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > > And you will see why. ( tip : typo )
> >
> > That is most certainly _NOT_ a typo.
>
> Oki.
> Here is more detailed report
[.. crap snipped ..]

You know Tomasz, it would help if you had the slightest clue what you
wrote about BEFORE you started claiming to have the solution.  Had you
bothered to read the developer documentation you might have tried this:

$ tar tzf mp3blaster_2-0b16.orig.tar.gz|head -1
mp3blaster-2.0b16/Makefile.in
$ zcat mp3blaster_2-0b16-1.diff.gz|head -2
--- mp3blaster-2-0b16.orig/mpegsound/mpeglayer3.cc
+++ mp3blaster-2-0b16/mpegsound/mpeglayer3.cc
$ dpkg-source -x mp3blaster_2-0b16-1.dsc
dpkg-source: extracting mp3blaster in mp3blaster-2-0b16

And it would have WORKED too, like it did for me just now.

The problem is an arch-specific issue which does not affect i386 build or
operation of the package.  I have not had time to try and figure out
what's wrong with it (now).  This package has had no end of issues,
usually regarding endianness independence which it claims to support (but
I claim it supports very badly in most versions..)

Sometime this week I will see if a new upstream exists and maybe if I'm
lucky it fixes the problem.

The X Window System:
  The standard UNIX graphical environment.  With Linux, this is usually
  XFree86 (http://www.xfree86.org).  You may call it X, XFree, the X
  Window System, XF86, or a host of other things.  Call it 'XWindows' and
  someone will smack you and you will have deserved it.