Re: The nature of unstable (was: Danger Will Robinson! Danger!)

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 05:43:38PM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 05:27:26PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> > > it doesn't distract me at all. i mostly ignore it these days as it is of
> > > little or no relevance to me.
> >
> > Safe to say, that is a really self-centered attitude. One which I hope
> > that most developers don't have. Not a very team oriented situation if
> > everyone felt that way.
>
> OTOH (to play devil's advocate) the stable process seems to continually
> get bogged down. Slipping deadlines, inappropriate package upgrades,
> etc., begin to make things seem hopeless. When push comes to shove,
> things usually get done--but what's the push right now?

good to see that someone sees my point (although it's not solely my
point - it has been made several times by many others over the years).

amongst numerous other benefits, snapshot CDs will take the pressure off
the release team and allow them to take as much time as they feel is
necessary to produce the 'perfect' release.

craig

--
craig sanders