Re: new version in frozen?

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 12:45:40PM +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 08:32:48AM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > I just checked through the bugs open against quota and found that quite a
> > lot of them are fixed in the new upstream version 2.00-pre4. Yes, it is not
> > final so far but probably will be pretty soon. Now I wonder if it is
> > possible to add this version to frozen. If not all bug fixes have to be
> > backported and frankly I'm not interested in that kind of work. Re-packaging
> > the new upstream version seems to be much less work.
>
> There is a point where backporting is actually more risky than using
> the (presumably tested) new upstream version.

The only RCB left in quota is a *packaging* bug. IMHO, that should get
fixed and the new version of quota should go into woody--better the
devil we know that the devil we don't. (And we really don't need another
"well, this new version is ok" exception in potato. RCB's only, and lets
get this thing out the door.)

--
Mike Stone