Re: Apt-Problem

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000 19:18:24 +0530, Syed said:
>     Andreas> http://ftp.tu-clausthal.de/pub/linux/debian/dists/frozen/main/binary-i386/devel/libtool_1.3.3-9.deb
>     Andreas> Size mismatch E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe try
>     Andreas> with --fix-missing?
>
>     Andreas> As I said I could install the package using dpkg -i
>     Andreas> /var/cache/apt/archives/partial/libtool_1.3.3-9.deb
>     Andreas> without any warning/error.
>
>     I got the same error when I was doing an apt-get upgrade last
>     night. It was with man-db. But when I did an apt-get upgrade
>     after sometime again, it did not reget the package again, but
>     installed with the same old package succesfully. anybody knows
>     what this is ??
>         - Khader

I had the same problem (and same output) when doing "apt-get upgrade" last night.  I used "apt-get clean" and "apt-get install man-db" before trying "apt-get upgrade" again.  The problem went away, so I thought it had been a hardware problem on my end, but I guess I was wrong.

Anyone know what happened?

-ptw