hwtools going multiarch (for scsi stuff)

Hello Siggy,

  It seems your are the new maintainer of hwtools.  Good :-))
I sent few weeks ago a request to enhance hwtools for multiarch support (#58060).
In fact, I'm willing to use the scsi stuff on my sparc too (especially scsiinfo
& scsidev).  I succedeed to using it with really minor fixes.
On this topic, yesterday I discovered a new release of scsidev (2.10) made by
Kurt Garloff <garloff@suse.de> (http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/scsidev/).
I also took a look at the BTS against this package and saw several bugs
reported against scsidev.  I guess this release fixes them.
If you don't want to work on it, I can do the following work:
- add support for non-i386 arch (scsi stuff only; other tools seem to be really
  i386 specific)
- upgrade scsidev and write support for running it at boot time.

However, instead of moving hwtools multi-arch it could be better to split the
scsi part out of it and create a new scsitools package (I can adopt it if you
want).
What do you think about this?

Regards.

--
 Eric Delaunay                 | S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y
 delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr | a pas de problème.   Devise Shadok.