Re: Novell: NDS eDirectory for Linux

Andreas Tille wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Lauri Tischler wrote:
>
> > Load NLDAP.NLM on one of your Netware servers.
> > I did just that and wrote some WEB-applications with php3 to get phone and
> > mailinggrop information from NDS.
> Please excuse my ignorance about LDAP.  I really don't know how it works
> and how can I profit from it.
>
> My intention is to enable normal Novell users access to linux boxes
> without triggering my /etc/passwd with the Novell user accounts.  I
> hope that there is any simple possibility for Netware users to get
> a login on some (one to three) Linux boxes with their Novell password
> and home directory on the NCPFS mounted Novell volume.  This would
> save my time to install NIS and adding and removing users on my
> Linux boxes.

Netware users can connect to Linux three ways,
- use 'marsnw' netware daemon on Linux, emulates Netware 3.10
- use Calderas Netware on Linux, that costs money, normal Novell licences
- add Micro$oft networking to your Netware users and use Samba to connect
  to Linux.

If they allready are Netware users I fail too see reason to mount Novell
volumes to Linux, unless you want to give Linux-Users access to Netware.

--
Lauri Tischler, Network Admin
Tel:    +358-9-47846331        *       Mouse movement detected      *