Null Pointer exceptions in servlets since latest Apache/Jserv update

Hello,

I've run into big trouble since I updatet do the latest Apache and
Jserv packages:

Package: apache
Section: web
Installed-Size: 651
Maintainer: Johnie Ingram <johnie@debian.org>
Version: 1.3.9-12

Package: jserv
Section: contrib/web
Installed-Size: 830
Maintainer: Stefan Gybas <sgybas@debian.org>
Version: 1.1-2

For JDBC access to an MS SQL 7.0 server I use freetds-jdbc.  This
works well in standalone Java applications but fails in servlets:

java.lang.NullPointerException:
    at Hallo.service(Hallo.java:70)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:309)
    at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:314)
    at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

where line 70 is something like

      rs = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM Table");

I have included the line

   repositories=/usr/share/java/servlets,/usr/share/java/freetds_jdbc.jar

in /etc/jserv/zones/root.properties.  Do I have to change anything else
to get the thing working?  I really have no clue what happened and what
to do.

Any help is really appreciated.

Kind regards

       Andreas.