Re: [transcript] source package formats

* "Manoj" == Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

Manoj> One of the feature I like of a monolithic patch, as you call
Manoj> it, is that when upstream incorporates changes previously made
Manoj> by me or others, it is automatically handled on upgrade; the
Manoj> monolithic patch just gets smaller.

OTOH, I find it easier to keep track of the changes I made to a source
with multiple patches. You keep them in logical units, can review them
and keep track of them easyly. For me, dbs made the mc package far
easier to maintain.

If upstream incorporates a change, I simply remove the of the diff
from the patches dir.

I also use cvs-buildpackage with other packages and it is very good in
its field. Version control of the diffs would be a very cool
thing. Hmm, maybe I could just manually CVS control the debian/ dir.

Ciao,
        Martin