Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 24, 2000

Petr Cech wrote:
> > Package: man-db (debian/main)
> > Maintainer: Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@debian.org>
> >   60339  How about testing packages before uploading them?  2.3.14 dies on unpack
>
> new man-db installed, so maybe it fixes this

While we're on this, we ran into this problem last night with and
upgrade
of slink -> potato. Apt kept on failing saying dpkg failed, something
about -fsys-tarfile. So we then typed: apt-get install dpkg apt
and then reran the upgrade and the problem went away.

Go figure...
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@cupid.suninternet.com>

Trust the computer industry to shorten "Year 2000" to Y2K.
It was this kind of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.