Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 24, 2000

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 12:27:12PM +0100, Paolo Molaro wrote:
> On 03/24/00 Petr Cech wrote:
> > > Package: communicator (debian/contrib)
> > > Maintainer: Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org>
> > >   60193  communicator: buss error when replying to message
> >
> > normal communicator behaviour :(
>
> At GUADEC Keith Packard told me that some problems with netscape/
> communicator was actually a bug in xlib. Maybe someone could try
> to reproduce this bug with XFree86 4.0 and backport the fix if
> it works there?

Well, I'm working with 4.72 since there was .deb's available, and since then
it's working has it should. OTOH, I'm only using the navigator, not the
whole mamooth communicator, so this might have something to do with it.
Anyway, I think most bugs are againt old releases (4.6, 4.7). Can't those
packages be removed (leaving 4.72) and the bugs closed?

Just my 2 Euros (I'm not yet a Debian Developer).
Pedro