Re: blue on black is unreadable

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 03:29:07PM +0100, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
> With the advent of powerful workstation monitors delivering 70 Hz or
> more, the most glaring problem of black/white became less and less
> important.

Even on 85Hz or even higher vertical frequencies, I find black-on-white
XTerms quite hard to read. When you combine that with the fact that most
people aren't using 640*480 resolution anymore, but (much) higher modes,
but the font size in XTerm doesn't enlarge automagically with the screen
resolution (why should it, one might ask), you get something barely usable.

I may be an exception since I usually wear photo-sensible glasses to prevent
eye-strain (and headaches), but I can't say I've seen many other `normal'
people satisfied by the default XTerm appearance.

BTW, FWIW, when in X, I use 1024*768*32*85, gray-on-black XTerm, font size 20.
Although I still prefer the console :)

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name