Re: 0 days till bug horizon

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 05:38:54PM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:
> Package: epic4 (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>
>   58508 Epic pre2.503 has bugs which 2.505 has not

The bugs mentioned in this report do not affect everybody.  505 fixed a
few bugs sure, but it created a new one which WOULD affect everybody.  506
fixed that, but had a problem with glibc builds which could not be fixed
this weekend.

hop said he'd fix it today.  Provided that it doesn't break anything else
(it shouldn't, this it is a short/simple patch I'm told) I'll upload it
tonight.  Need to be sure it works first.

I've downgraded the bug's priority a notch.  It probably shouldn't be RC
anyway.  (there's a potential DoS condition that is fixed in 505 that
nobody has come up with an exploit for yet which needs to be fixed in
potato in case someone can..)

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard and I will _not_ condone it.
        -- DyerMaker, 17 March 2000 MegaPhone radio show