Re: New shmfs and Debian

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

> Shmfs is specified nowhere, and is specific to linux. It exposes some
> internals in a way that a few programs may find useful, but that are no

Actually, QNX has had this for years. It is virtually necessary to
implement the POSIX shm API. QNX however puts it under /dev/..

There is talk on the kernel list that this file system might not even need
to be mounted based on some new patches. I think we should hold off untill
2.4 is releases to see what it will really look like.

Jason